Wednesday, October 27, 2010

South Park: Raisins

As I was reading Sally's blog and how "it takes shit to make bliss." This reminded me of a South Park episode, Raisins. In the episode Wendy breaks up with Kyle, the boys bring Kyle to a restaurant named Raisins (fourth grade version of Hooters), and while there Butters falls in love with a girl named Lexus.

Every South Park episode has a moral lesson no matter how immoral the episode is. Towards the end of the episode Kyle walks by a crying Butters and asks what is wrong and Goth Kid #1 asks Butters to write poetry about death and how pointless life is. He replies, "No thanks, I love life. I am sad but at the same time I am happy something can make me feel that sad. It makes me feel alive. It makes me feel human. The only way I can feel this sad is if I felt something really good before. So I guess what I am feeling is a beautiful sadness. To be honest, I'd rather be a crying little pussy than a faggy goth kid."

This is how I feel about bad days because from every bad day the next good day will feel ten times better because you will remember how rotten life can be. My Grandmother has been stuck in a nursing home the past month with alzheimers and just found out she has been having mini-strokes. While talking to her on the phone she puts on a voice full of happiness which I know is complete bull. I know the reason she complains to my Grandfather and Mom is because of how great life was at one point for her and she truly misses those days and the ability to go for walks when she pleases. Coming from this perspective I try to get out and enjoy life for what it is because at one point I will be in the same bed she is but will be able to think how life was so enjoyable at one point that I am now able to feel like complete crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment