Wednesday, September 22, 2010

As I was just posting, I read Ashley Arcel’s blog and noticed the quote she ended with by Dr. George Boeree, what stood out to me was, the very same thing she emphasized, “The experiences of love at first sight, of deja vu (the feeling that you've been here before), and the immediate recognition of certain symbols and the meanings of certain myths, could all be understood as the sudden conjunction of our outer reality and the inner reality of the collective unconscious.” As Ashley pointed out this is exactly what we were talking about today but it offers an explanation for why we have felt specific ways before. Once I started thinking about this theory it starts seeming as though it has this Miss. Cleo feel to it and this brings up a night of drunken ramblings I had with one of my friends from high-school way-back-when. 
Her mother for a living is a spiritual connector (or whatever you prefer to call it) and this is how she makes her living. I never knew this until this night and was rather astonished because when I met her mom I did not think, “holy shit! I wonder if she can feel anybody attempting to stab me with their voodoo doll or something along those lines.” It was rather, “she strikes me as a homely mother.” As we sat there talking, or more likely stumbling as we smoke a “cigaweed” she tells me how she has some of the same feelings her mother has explained to her when she is around certain people. 
This gets me wondering about the connections people can have and how this may be due to the collective unconscious Jung’s theory revolves around. That this may be passed from generation to generation through parts of our DNA?! How fascinating this may be or this may be the fact I have been watching too much X-Files on Netflix and Mulder is standing on my right shoulder chanting his non-sense into my ear. It is when I release all “normal” cognition and allow myself to think like Mulder that I truly enjoy analyzing religion and theories that revolve around spiritual connections. 
                                                  Mulder and Skully
My first dream...
Is rather blurry due to my poor memory but it goes something like this. When I was young (four or five) there was not a day that went by when I did not dress up as some superhero. During this phase I was Super Man, it was during Halloween so you can’t hate too much, but I was dressed up as him for about a week straight jumping off of everything from my tree fort to the dinner table (never got caught). One night I was having a dream I was like Super Man flying through the air and next thing I know I was falling from my bunk bed in a Super Man stretch until BAM! I landed right on my stomach on the floor, probably burst out crying, and there was Super Man’s mom to comfort me until I passed out once again.
                                                         Supah Man

No comments:

Post a Comment